Keeping workplaces safe is both a legal and moral obligation, with severe consequences if local health and safety laws are not followed.
It has been designed to give learners knowledge of the basic health and safety practices essential in the workplace and prepare them for progress to higher level training.
Topics covered include:
- an understanding in the responsibilities of employers and employees
- the benefits of good health and safety
- steps to a risk assessment and how they can reduce accidents
- near misses and ill-health
- typical hazards and controls in a workplace
- common causes of accidents, near misses and ill-health
- emergency procedures
- the importance of recording accidents, near misses and ill-health.
This is a useful course to enhance your CV. Book in advance. The cost is £10 unwaged or £50 waged. Photo ID required on the day. There is a short multiple choice test at the end.
Our next course is on the 1st March, book here.